City of Iowa City Trails Page
Area Parks and Trail Networks
Lost and Found
See our Lost and Found resource page for more information about items lost on trails.
Other Local Trail Websites
- AllTrails for Iowa City – “Explore the best trails near Iowa City with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you.”
- Coralville Government Trails Page – “Coralville has over 20 miles of recreational trails and over extra-wide sidewalks that connect throughout the community. As Coralville grows, we have identified about 40 additional miles of trail which could be part of future development.”
- Bicyclists of Iowa City Ride Maps – Over 70 distance rides for the Iowa City area.
- Iowa Bicycle Coalition – Great listing of Iowa Trails.
- Iowa City Government Trails Page – “The six-mile Iowa River Corridor (IRC) Trail is Iowa City’s longest and most heavily used trail. … The Willow Creek Trail on the west side of Iowa City is approximately two miles long… Two recently constructed links in the trail network include the IRP Dam pedestrian bridge, linking Coralville to the Peninsula Park and the Iowa River Corridor (IRC) Trail; and the trail under Interstate-80, linking Waterworks Prairie Park to the rest of the IRC Trail System.”
- Iowa DOT Trail Map Guide – “Disclaimer: The Iowa DOT has made a reasonable effort to ensure that the information used to create this map is accurate; however, the department makes no warranties regarding its accuracy or currency because trail development and maintenance is an ongoing effort performed by third parties; and some data used on this site is supplied by trail owners at irregular intervals. Therefore, the precise routes, distances, trail surfacing and other factors depicted in this map are subject to change at any time and without public notice. The Iowa DOT assumes no liability for personal injuries or property damage.”
- Map My Ride for Iowa City – Routs posted by community members through the phone app.
- Press Citizen – Article from 23 Sep 2015 about trails in the Iowa City area.
- TrailLink by Rails to Trails Conservancy – “Rails-to-Trails Conservancy transforms unused rail corridors into vibrant public places—ensuring a better future for America made possible by trails and the connections they inspire.”
Report Trail Issues
- Go to the ICgovXpress service request page.
- In the field “Enter your search terms” type word trails and the search will begin automatically.
- Click on the link titled “Trail issues”
- Describe the problem and upload a photo if applicable.
- Click the Submit button.
For more about trail cleaning and care, click here.
Trails Support For Your Community
Would you like a trails website for your community? Contact us to learn more about free or subsidized consulting services.